[Cialug] Lightweight linux for video on imac g4

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Mon Mar 28 20:38:51 CDT 2011

On 3/28/11 8:13 PM, Mathew Phillips wrote:

> Im not a big hardware guy, this is the specs for the memory

I get along with hardware, but this is my first Mac experience...

> PC2100 (266 MHz) DDR SDRAM
> Expandable up to 2GB via one factory installed memory module in a
> 184-pin DIMM slot and one 200-pin user-accessible SO-DIMM slot
> (officially only 1GB is supported)

Speed wouldn't be a problem, since these worked well for a 2.93GHz i7
(without wait states) - but after I hunted down a magnifier I could see
that the pins on these are numbered from 1 to 204, so there's an obvious
compatibility problem.

> So from what I can gather unless your sticks are DDR i don't think it
> would help me much. I appreciate the offer though!

Seemed worth a try. You're welcome, of course.