[Cialug] Change Windoze UID for Samba share

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Mar 22 08:37:38 CDT 2011

Need to change the login on a Windoze box (employee change), .. had the
Windoze guy there yesterday and I thought he had it working, but
apparently not.

Windoze keeps saying that a network share is "already connected under
another username", .. but none show up in drive mappings.

Nothing shows up in the Samba machine log when I try to connect as the new
user, so somewhere Windoze must be caching the OLD UID/PW! Two other
shares DO mount properly, however, just not the 'home diretory' (i.e.
//server/<username>).

Does anyone know how to force Windoze to release a non-functioning share?

Two issues I did notice - he did not change the name of the user directory
on the machine (he just changed the login name), .. and there is a peer
share to another local machine which is probabl using the old UID/PW.

	TIA,

	Lee