[Cialug] VMs & Replication

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Fri Mar 18 14:41:24 CDT 2011

That's a good analogy, though it's a little safer since there's not that
(tiny these days) risk of filesystem corruption you can get when the
plug is pulled.

Of course, my knowledge is far from complete. It could be that some
databases respond to a sync by flushing everything to disk. I'm pretty
sure mysql at least doesn't. I wouldn't want to make that claim if my
client was doing something important without some serious research first! =)

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/