[Cialug] vim on cygwin

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 06:54:22 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Theron Conrey <theron at conrey.org> wrote:
> I gave up on cygwin a while ago.  While I liked the idea, I found I liked
> using applications native to an os more than spending hours trying to make
> things work.

You're not seriously suggesting I use Microsoft's filesystem utilities
are you?  I could open Windows Explorer right now and demonstrate
Ctrl-F failing to find a file that I know matched my search criteria.
And Microsoft's regular expression support is abysmal, anyway.

The command line is no better.  If I'm going to open up a command line
window anyway, why not cygwin, where I know the language?

--
Todd