[Cialug] tips for sharing files inside a VM

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:17:27 CST 2011

I like sshfs for this purpose. The IDE wouldn't see a difference from
a local directory, and the guest system would see immediate updated.

Normally, I use an editor that connects to the target system with ssh,
but using sshfs would let you do the same thing with an
editor/whatever that doesn't know how to do ssh. Also, sshfs is really
easy to set up and use (unless you're using Snow Leopard OSX 10.6; the
project is no longer active and doesn't support Snow Leopard. If
someone has newer info, please let me know. Works great on Leopard OSX
10.5)

--Don Ellis