[Cialug] Mailing List Setup

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Wed Mar 9 13:02:49 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 05:43:35AM -0600, Todd Walton wrote:
> Some of these options in Mailman are confusing.  For example, if you
> set "Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list
> address", but set "Where are replies to list messages directed?" to
> poster, how's that going to work?

If those two options are not mutually exclusive, then presumably
the list would set the From header as listname at server.tld and the
Reply-To header as the email author (original sender).  I don't
think that's a coherent setup.

So for example on this list, you'd get a message with a header like
this: