[Cialug] Promotion and Faith. (Was RE: A little something for everyone)

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Sun Mar 6 16:32:39 CST 2011

I debated whether I should post this or not, but, since there is already a
firestorm going....

I think it needs to be re-read.  At no point does he say "hire", he says
"partner".  If company A wishes to partner with company B, they can exchange
work.  And I don't think the IRS can dictate what companies a company can
partner with.

I'm appalled at the reaction this has drawn.  I've seen other topics that
this list has discussed that are WAY off topic (I've seen people bashing
certain political parties, tell me, how does that fit with a list such as
this?).  This at least was looking for someone to develop software. I'm sure
Brian meant no offense, but some of the comments that have followed (up to
and including calling him a troll) ARE very offensive.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll add two points (along with the statement that I'm not a lawyer);
>
> I believe (please verify yourself) that barter transactions are
> considered taxable income by the IRS. Therefore one could argue that
> Brian's is an offer of compensated employment.
>
> From http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html'
>
> "Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which
> prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion,
> sex, or national origin"
>
> --
> Tired programmer
> Coding late into the night