[Cialug] Avocent IP KVM

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jun 23 06:42:54 CDT 2011

Yeah, the console is a unit that translates from the KVM to an actual keyboard, monitor and mouse.

It's not a remote-friendly system, but is instead intended to fill a workroom with access to a data center without actually letting people into th data center.  You define security groups and each person's login defines the servers that they have access to.

If you're still interested, let me know and I'll get pricing and tech specs.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Using Facebook?  Use it safely.
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here: