[Cialug] 'Hung' machine

Nathaniel Petersen major.stubble at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:43:10 CDT 2011

You've most likely a dead disk drive.  My guess is that you are using btrfs
or zfs.  Any command that attempt to interact with the file system kernel
module will zombie, making the shell useless.  If you still have screen on
the remote machine, I would create a new shell and read the syslogs and
dmesg to determine which disk failed.

-Nick