[Cialug] 'Hung' machine

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jun 16 11:03:11 CDT 2011

We have a server in a remote data center that is having problem - I
can ping it from another machine behind the firewall, but no ssh -
hangs at negotiating the protocol.

I *do* have an old bash session open from another machine in screen -
the first two new-lines produced a prompt, however when I tried to do
a 'df -h' I get no reply - just newlines. Tried <ctl>C (echos), ..
<ctl>D (just a newline), .. characters & commands (just echo).

Is anyone aware of a way to exploit this 'open' connection? Tried
launching shell or bash, but nothing except the character echo.

	Thanks!

	Lee