[Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04 problems

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jun 8 12:55:28 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Dan Hockey <icepuck3k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu 10.10 would run for days sleeping or hibernating without any
> problems, so I know It's not the hardware.
> After searching the Ubuntu forums there seems to be a common problem
> with(11.04) sleeping/hibernating on some laptops.
> At this point I'm about to go back to 10.10. Outside of the pretty UI, IMO
> 11.04 doesn't have anything that can't done or found in 10.10.
> -dan

Since you're pondering down-grading, before you do so, you may want to
consider upgrading to Oneric and giving it a shot. Just don't do that if
you're using encrypted home directories. There's currently a nasty bug that
can cause data loss.

If you've never run an Ubuntu Alpha before, I can tell you, it's quite
exciting. :-)

Matthew Nuzum

looks like work." -Thomas Edison