[Cialug] August LUG meeting - pre-reminder

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Jul 29 15:25:40 CDT 2011

We just got the final touches lined up for the August meeting.  Since this is going to be somewhat different, I wanted to get advance notice out to everyone.

First of all, we will be meeting at LightEdge. Alliance Technologies will be moving offices in a few months.  While we've not been kicked out, it makes sense to look at other options and then compare the meeting room at the new facility.  LightEdge is at 215 10th St, Des Moines.  It is in the same building as Panera Bread and across the street from Raccoon River Brewing Company.

They will be validating our parking... so keep that in mind.  They'll also be bribing us with soda and snacks. ;)   A map and detailed parking directions are at http://www.cialug.org/?page_id=7&location_id=8 .

Now, as for the topic goes, I cannot share specifics.  It's going to be something of a surprise.  Rest assured that it will involve many topics that are near and dear to our hearts. It will also mesh with the default graphics topic. If you’ve enjoyed our graphics demos in the past, our discussions on employment using Linux and Open Source and like giveaways, you’ll like this topic. This should be an awesome meeting.

I would appreciate it if you could reserve this meeting in your calendar and make a point to attend if you possibly can.

Thank you,

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Public attacks are on the rise.  Are you protecting yourself?
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey