[Cialug] Social Networking for Kids...

David Runneals david at runneals.com
Fri Jul 29 14:53:55 CDT 2011

If you want to restrict sites, use OpenDNS (free & some times speeds up your
internetz). This is more efficient (and more secure) then QoS'ing specific
MACs/ports for speed. As for social networks, I have worked on projects in
the past for a youth group I'm highly involved in (at the national, state,
and local levels) and we couldn't find much, so we actually started building
a custom branded one for the national level and at the state level, we found
ning.com... I would suggest checking ning out. Otherwise, if you can't find
what you are looking for, why don't you start building one?!? :)

<http://www.4-h.org/about/revolution/>
David Runneals
E: david at runneals.com
 <david at runneals.com>