[Cialug] Social networking for kids

William Christensen wirewc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:00:51 CDT 2011

If you want to really restrict what your children do on the internet,
just restrict their connection speed for every site except a few like
wikipedia.  You can't stop kids from doing whatever they want to do,
however you can make things agonizingly slow so that they will either
be too impatient or it will take so much time their chances are
getting caught are huge. I had dial up all the way through high school
while my friends had at least simplex cable modems, worked like a
charm for me.

-Will