[Cialug] fastcgi problem

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Jul 22 14:14:36 CDT 2011

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> I won't be much help, but when I've used fastcgi there were two processes
> running, the server (nginx in this case) and the application. Since you've
> got a 502 on Nginx then it's running. It sounds like the process on the
> other end is not.

There were multiple fastcgi processes running, .. and, given that the
system has worked fine for a long time, I just started killing the fastcgi
processes.

Did that twice and tried the UI again - success! My only hypothesis is
that one or more of the fastcgi sessions had 'hung', affecting the socket
used for all of them.

	Lee