[Cialug] Cialug Beginnings

Pawel pdarowski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:38:15 CDT 2011

So a hiring manager would like to hear about some personal projects? Perhaps
one good example of an overcome challenge? I guess it would paint a decent
picture of the applicant's self-motivation and ability to seek answers.

Thanks for all your input. I'm beginning to see that the biggest challenge
of development [in my eyes] is having a vision or finding that interesting
problem that needs solving. Once it's found, the rest is research and
determination.

Two more quick question while I still have the floor! :) How important are
certifications in the real world? And please, what is the "industry
standard" for C certificates? I'm having an impossible time finding a C
cert... And my instructors don't really know of any.

See you around,

Pawel Darowski
PDarowski at gmail.com