[Cialug] Wordpress Performance

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Tue Jul 19 10:33:39 CDT 2011

On 7/19/2011 10:06 AM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> Why wouldn't you use an opcode cache? It costs nothing and the
> performance improvements can be huge.

I'm not saying to not use an opcode cache. I'm saying that if only 1 out
of 6 of his WP sites are slow then there must be something different
about that site that is causing it to be slow. I don't think this is an
optimization problem as much as it is to figure out why that one site is
slower than the others. Then once you know why it is slower you can use
the proper technique to make if faster.

As for a PHP opcode cache I'd go with APC. I believe PHP6 will ship with
APC by default.

Eric