[Cialug] Question about VPNs (OT?)

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:01:21 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> At 09:54 AM 1/27/2011, you wrote:
>>I'd rather be running Linux on the windows laptop, but my new job
>>requires we use windows software for their software :
>
> PMFJI, but we have done a number of solutions where we run Linux as
> the main OS, and a Windoze VM for the s/w that is required for a
> specific solution. The best of both worlds! Linux for folks that
> appreciate the computer, Windoze for the folks that don't know or care.

Similarly, I've been using a VM on a Mac since around 2001 to run
WinDOS apps that won't run on a Mac. My old Pismo was a little slow,
but usable. My 2006 MacBook runs just fine, though I'd like to have
more RAM so I didn't have to quit so many Mac apps I always keep open
when I want to start up Windoze. Still, it's better than having to
reboot!

And that's getting a little off the original topic, but I just
couldn't help it. Thanks, Lee!

--Don Ellis