[Cialug] Question on configuring inbound RDP through Qwest Actiontec PK5000

John Lengeling John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Tue Jan 25 14:09:09 CST 2011

I am trying to configure inbound RDP through a Qwest Actiontec PK5000
DSL modem/router and it just isn't working.

I am using the same type of application forwarding that I am using for
allowing inbound SMTP to the mail server.   I am just using port 3389
instead and it just doesn't seem to work.   I tried two different
computers on the LAN.  Verified that RDP works on the computer on the
LAN side.

Is there any filtering by Qwest?  For something this straight forward to
configure, it is really weird that it just isn't working.   Going to be
breaking out wireshark next...

johnl