[Cialug] [Slightly OT] High-speed DSL availability in DSM metro

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:53:09 CST 2011

I concur.  I live on the border of Waukee and Clive/Urbandale.  Every time I
check it says I'm only able to get a 1.5 connection.  (Although I have
gotten some reports that it may be due to no open 7mbps+ ports free on our
DSLAM?!).

I REALLY want to drop Mediacom.  We loose our connection or most of our
bandwidth on cable at the drop of a hat.  I got home Monday night to .9mbps
downstream.  0.9!!!!! on a 12mbps connection!  Does anyone know any outdoor
cable monkeys for mediacom?  They were supposed to come put a new line in
for us MONTHS ago and never did.  They just keep sending the indoor guys who
scratch their (butts) heads and say "well, it's fine right now."

Seriously...  Any takers?  $20 on that being the outcome of yet ANOTHER
mediacom appointment I've got tomorrow morning.

At least they dropped my price for all the hassle I've had.