[Cialug] [Slightly OT] High-speed DSL availability in DSM metro

bofh at visi.com bofh at visi.com
Wed Jan 19 12:46:39 CST 2011

Everyone's probably seen Qwest advertisements about their
"up to 40 Mb/s" "Heavy Duty Internet" over the past
several months.  Seems however, that not only am I unable
to get it, but I've not met anyone who actually has it.

So two questions:

Does anyone actually have Qwest high-speed DSL (7 Mb/s+),
or know someone who has it?
Does anyone actually know the deployment timelines? (For
the past year, Qwest has given me the runaround on this
question.)   Mr Weis?

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing friends in places which are
considered boondocks by the boondocks express surprise
that I've only a 1.5 Mb/s connection.  One friend lives 3
miles out from a town of 500 people in the 8th poorest
county in the nation and has a 12 Mb/s connection; other
are in even better shape.  This is just ridiculous.