[Cialug] Contract Programming

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Sat Jan 15 11:05:26 CST 2011

On 1/15/2011 9:15 AM, Todd Walton wrote:

> If you have a programming task to do, and you don't have the time or
> skillz to do it yourself, what do you do?

[A] Acquire the skills and do the job yourself,
[B] Pay someone who already has the skills to do the job, or
[C] Pay someone to acquire the skills _and_ do the job.

> I've used rent-a-coder in the past and was very satisfied with the
> experience.  But it would be nice to hire someone local.

Hmm - if schedule permits, perhaps you could hire someone local who has
the requisite skills and negotiate an agreement to make payment
contingent on meeting all project requirements on the agreed schedule.

Then if requirements aren't fully met on time, you could fall back on
the rent-a-coder option.

--
Morris Dovey
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/