[Cialug] Wireless APs

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Mon Feb 7 15:47:21 CST 2011

Kevin,
Sitting in the airport, thought id tell you what I set up.

I've got three Dd-wrt compatible routers that do mesh networks well, and I
use an external untangle server for dhcp, vpn and fw.

One is setup as bridge only, one is the base ssid, and last is bridge and
repeater.

Ill followup with models I used. They're a mix of asus and buffallo.
On Feb 7, 2011 3:28 PM, "Josh More" <MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> As people answer Kevin's question, please indicate whether or not the WAP
you are suggesting supports running a DHCP server to wireless clients,
segmentation and VPN capabilities.

http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey

Kevin C. Smith [kevin at linuxsmith.com]