[Cialug] low cost workstation

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Dec 28 12:04:16 CST 2011

They are a little pricey. I did some reading about performance but in
the context of the Mysql database. One of the things that I took away
from that was that using SSD's with hardware raid actaully hurt
performance. The way to do raid with SSD's is to do software raid.

If you get a Patriot, an Intel or a Kingston, they should outlast a
mechanical hard drive and they are entirely appropriate to install the
OS on.

:) Dave