[Cialug] Wanted: Used Rackmount Server

Pixel // pinterface pix at kepibu.org
Tue Dec 20 22:56:19 CST 2011

Matt Breitbach wrote:
> Well, looked at the system, and it's not Virtualization capable, and
> it's a 2.8ghz system, not 3.2.  Dual Xeon 2800DP processors (SL48B)
> at 2.8ghz, 4GB RAM.  I did find some rack rails that would likely
> work for the system. They aren't integrated rails, they're more like
> a shelf, but it'd definitely keep it in the rack. $125 OBO with 2x
> Seagate Barracuda ES.2 500GB SATA drives.
>
> Lemme know if there's any interest, otherwise I'll throw it on
> Craigslist, kinda need it out of the house, it's just taking up space
> now.

It's still really tempting, but I'm still gonna pass.  Sorry. :/  Good
luck finding a buyer on Craigslist, though!

I decided to splurge and went ahead and bought the machine on eBay I was
eyeing elsewhere in this thread.  Doesn't have the large hot-swap SATA
backplane that makes yours so gosh-darned appealing, but it's decent
enough in HD space, and basically overkill everywhere else.  I'd still
like to do a storage array at some point, but I can't really justify
buying a box to put drives in until drive prices come back down.