[Cialug] Best way to host webservers at home

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Mon Dec 19 15:20:28 CST 2011

Apache and NGINX are the 2 that pop instantly to mind software-wise when doing reverse proxying ... there are other hardware products that I've used like Kemp Technologies LoadMasters that do a fantastic job and can even handle SSL acceleration, but I'm guessing you'd like to do it in software instead of hardware :)

From teh googles, it appears that Lighthttpd also does reverse proxying:
http://www.loadbalancing.org/#Layer-7_Load_Balancing_reverse_proxy_

-Tom