[Cialug] O.T. stealth drone gps hacked

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Sat Dec 17 17:18:52 CST 2011

Actually, it wasn't Fox that said it was hacked, it was Christian Science
Monitor. And they're a reputable news agency, right?  The fact that Fox has
confirmed the missing drone with the military should be enough for anyone,
even those who hate Fox.  That sort of comment shouldn't make it on the LUG
list.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Dave Hala Jr <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:

> The US military has done some stupid things. However, I'd be willing to
> bet that they didn't with this. If they did, we'd never hear about it.
>
> Its more than likely it is mid-level piece of technology that was *shot*
> down, rather than brought down, via a GPS Hack. If it hadn't been shot
> down, then why do they cover the bottom of it up in the current photo's
> being show on CNN.
>
> Secondly, I don't consider FOX a credible news source. FOX is more like
> "Entertainment" in the news genre.
>

> On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 12:38 -0800, Dan Hockey wrote:
> > apparently security wasn't a priority.
> >
> http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?136706-stealth-drone-gps-hacked

Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/