[Cialug] FIFO Pipes on Windows

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:09:16 CST 2011

Hey Crew,

I posted a little bit ago about a free shell account.  You guys were
super helpful there.  I'm a free shellin' fool now.

However, I do have an additional question about emulating unix fifo
pipes on Windows.  Allegedly, Cygwin is supposed to support this now
but it definitely doesn't work from my experience.  I did download the
MS SFU package but it doesn't seem to have an installation key.
Considering it's Microsoft stuff, I'm not too confident I'll be able
to get it to run on a flash drive anyway.

Does anybody have any ideas about emulating filesystem pipes on
Windows?  Does Cygwin work but I'm a moron?  I'm all ears.

Thx,

-Todd