[Cialug] Cool SSH tricks

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Aug 24 09:07:36 CDT 2011

Hey, found this article for some cool SSH tricks.

http://blogs.perl.org/users/smylers/2011/08/ssh-productivity-tips.html

I personally heavily use ~/.ssh/config already but there are a couple I
didn't know about. For example the repeated connections and multiple
connections tricks. Not sure I like the 4 hour thing on the repeated
connections but 15 min would be useful. Seems like I often use this pattern:

ssh host
ls some-path-where-I-want-a-file
exit
scp host:some-path-where-i-want-a-file .

--
Matthew Nuzum