[Cialug] CakePHP

albus albus at iowaconnect.com
Thu Aug 18 16:13:56 CDT 2011

I know this isn't the place to ask cake questions but since I seen some of
you suggest it for coding I thought I would give it a spin on a test system.

Flame me if you must. I've got my flame retardent undies on.

Here's my problem.

I've about got the errors cleared up but the on that has me is:
Warning (512): /srv/www/htdocs/cakephp/app/tmp/cache/ is not writable
[CORE/cake/libs/cache/file.php, line 267]

I've tried changing chmodd 0777 app/tmp as some have suggested. No love
there. Pages don't display when I do that.

I've read from the book cakephp and the suggestion there was to set owner
and to the web server user. Which is wwwrun:www No love there either. Pages
don't display after that. Right now there root:root. Pages display but still
have the above error.

OS is OpenSuse 11.3, Apache2, MySql 5.x

Any help or link to help would be great.

Thanks.