[Cialug] Looking for a database administrator..

Bryan Welch bwelch42 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 13:41:34 CDT 2011

I work at SumTotal Systems in West Des Moines.  We provide online training courses to companies worldwide using a SAAS model.

We're currently looking for another database administrator (DBA)

Here's the job description:

SumTotal Systems is currently seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to work in our hosting operations group. The DBA will be part of a global team supporting and managing multiple servers in a rapidly growing hosted and ASP environment hosted in multiple data centers around the world. Customer environments are deployed on both SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle and the DBA will be responsible to provide support for both systems.

    Provide technical expertise for SQL Server and Oracle databases
    Devise or modify procedures to solve complex business problems
    Accurately estimate work requirements
    Plan assigned activities in detail
    Report status promptly and forthrightly
    Communicate effectively in team oriented environment
    Participate in 24x7 On-call rotation and also participate in off-hours monthly maintenance windows

 Requirements

    Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
    4+ years Oracle RDBMS production database administration experience required with Oracle 9i/10g
    Disaster Recovery process and Backup / recovery with RMAN
    Perform Database maintenance w/ minimal downtime
    Database software installation/upgrade, instance creation/Upgrade, database clone and configuration
    Performance tuning on database and system level
    4+ years database PLSQL and Batch scripts writing experience preferred
    4+ years developing Stored Procedures / PLSQL Packages highly preferred
    Experience with Oracle desired
    Familiarity with MySQL is a plus
    Excellent communication skills required.
    Strong problem resolution skills required.
    Ability to work in a team oriented environment required.

If you or anyone your know is interested, please contact me so I may answer any questions and application info.

thank,
Bryan