[Cialug] Virtual Box and NAS

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Aug 17 21:04:28 CDT 2011

I've decided not to launch the VM database servers from a file server or
NAS, as I wont be able to fund a fiber channel device to get the kind of
performance that I would need for the database servers.

I've still got a need for about 4tb of just general file storage. If I
could outperform a ReadyNas 1500 using hardware that I have laying
around or an considering taking out of service, its worth considering.