[Cialug] Virtual Box and NAS

Jon Clemons clemdog at marshallnet.com
Wed Aug 17 20:47:45 CDT 2011

IMO 4 sata drives aren't going to give much performance for several virtual machines especially database servers with lots of io. If your going to build your own then look at openfiler.

Dave Hala Jr <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:

I was looking for high performance file server for a reasonable amount
of money. Consensus is that a home built file server would readily out
perform most of the NAS boxes in the under $1500.00 range.