[Cialug] Quickly build a simple Web database app?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Aug 16 08:11:55 CDT 2011

Is there a tool or framework out there that will let me quickly build
a simple web front end to a simple database?  The database is very
simple, just one table with half a dozen columns and a few hundred
rows.  This is an internal-use only database so prettiness isn't an
issue.  I've tried building something in TurboGears before but I get
too bogged down in the myriad of details, I suspect Django would be
similar.  Language isn't a large concern - I'd prefer Python but would
live with PHP, Perl, Ruby or other common language.  For a database
backend I'm pretty open as well.  I like PostgreSQL and CouchDB but
I'd live with MySQL if I can get this thing going.

--
Jeff Ollie