[Cialug] Ubuntu 10.04.3

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 19:42:26 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well I updated what it indicated needed to be updated and I have also
> installed a Plugin for shockwave flash (Adobe).  Since doing so I have not
> yet experienced this issue again but sometimes it takes a while.
> I looked at the links you attached and the first seemed to be the most
> closely related.
>
> It seems that I have to restart after installing a plugin.  Is that standard
> for Linux systems?  Until I restarted I kept getting the same message at the
> top of the browser that a plugin was needed even though I exited the browser
> and restarted it.

Typically, restarting the browser is all that's needed to install a
browser plugin. If, however, you had another browser window open
somewhere, perhaps it didn't actually close? Not sure.

After applying updates to the OS itself, it is sometimes required to
reboot. Depends on the updates and what they touch.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night