[Cialug] Ubuntu 10.04.3

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:19:27 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my Acer 5610Z computer and kept experiencing
> problems with it hanging up and not responding to my left mouse clicks.

Congrats on getting wireless to work! Unfortunately, your mouse issue
appears to be a bit more. . . esoteric.

I did a quick search and found the following bug reports:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/658487

I skimmed those reports and didn't really find any solutions or
work-arounds (besides NOT using a USB mouse).

Question: are you up to date on patches? If not, try patching ASAP. If
so, keep up on patches as the fix will come through
hopefully/eventually!

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night