[Cialug] Ubuntu 10.04.3

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 10:31:14 CDT 2011

I had Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my Acer 5610Z computer and kept experiencing problems with it hanging up and not responding to my left mouse clicks.  The only solution was to power down and reboot.  I thought this might have been something about 11.04 so I removed that one and instaled 10.04.3.  I seem to be experiencing the same issue with that version as well.  I run Windows on this same machine and have no issues with the mouse with that.   I have also run a memory test to confirm there is no memory hardware issue.  The current mouse is an IBM USB connected mounse although I had the same issue with my USB connected wireless mouse which I thought might be the issue and reverted back to the hardwired mouse.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

One side point - I was able to get the wireless working.