[Cialug] ubuntu 10.04

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Wed Apr 20 14:26:16 CDT 2011

Does Player have a menu for sending ctl+alt?  I haven't used it in a few
years.

How about rebooting the vm into single user and disabling gdm until you get
it fixed?

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Dan Hockey <icepuck3k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been messing with an OpenEmbedded appliance with ubuntu in vmware
> player and I did a apt-get install gdm to install a very bare gnome which
> everything worked, but now I need to get back to the command line with no
> apparent way of doing so in gnome. I can't ssh into it because I mucked up
> the networking.
> Everything Google has found requires the command line to fix.
> Someone suggested ctl+alt+f1 but all that does is kicks me out of vmware
> and back into windows.
> As a last resort I guess I could delete the vm and start over.....if so how
> can I install gnome and avoid making the same mistake?
> -dan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmittal,
including any attachment, is privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
neither the intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for
that any disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmittal in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete this transmittal from any computer or other data
bank.