[Cialug] FF4 Cooke Management?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Apr 14 10:50:37 CDT 2011

At 12:13 PM 4/8/2011, you wrote:
>My setup includes the "Cookie Monster" addon which lets you keep
>cookies active for trusted sites, and disregard for all others, a
>convenience that many will not like to forgo.

Actually, this works pretty well! "Accept No Cookies" is set in
Optinos, .. then use Cookie Monster to ALLOW cookies for any site.
Requires a little mindset change [to check CM and ensure that session
cookies are allowed instead of getting the popup], but it works!

Just had a problem the past few days with YouTube giving "An error
occured. Please try again later." Took me a while to realize it could
be a Cookie problem, but as soon as I saved the "Allow Cookies for
Session" it started working.

My only complaint is minor - the Cookie Monster 'icon' appears to be
permanetly affixed to the status bar at the bottom of the screen and
cannot be moved around like other add-ins.

         Lee