[Cialug] Tasks for learning shell scripting

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 10:52:31 CDT 2010

But to many people, CPAN is a pain to work with and install modules.
While the modules it has are nice, it's added complexity -- and it is
complexity that does not always fit well with the existing package
management software. I know a few Perl programmers that can use yum/apt
but when it comes to getting CPAN to install what they want, they
sometimes struggle -- system administration is not their strong point.

Jeff