[Cialug] Tasks for learning shell scripting

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:46:26 CDT 2010

On 2010-09-29 at 10:34:34, Josh More wrote:
>More seriously, Perl's biggest drawback is CPAN.

Is "drawback" really the word you were looking for?

I think Perl's biggest strength is CPAN, actually. That's what keeps me
programming in Perl and not some other language. For almost anything
that i don't feel like coding myself, there's a module to do it for me.
And for the few modules i want to use that aren't available as a Debian
package, CPAN makes it trivial to install them and keep them updated.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu