[Cialug] Job posting (non-local)

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Sep 1 23:16:00 CDT 2010

This arrived in my mailbox this evening, and if any of the group is
interested I'd be happy to provide contact info...

> I located your profile and I have an opportunity that may be a good
> match for you.  I represent QLogic, a leading supplier of high
> performance storage networking solutions.  Our products simplify the
> process of networking storage by providing the only end-to-end SAN
> infrastructure in the industry. QLogic builds solutions based on all
> storage network technologies including SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre
> Channel.
>
> We are experiencing major growth in our business and as a result we
> are hiring Senior and Principal level Firmware Engineers at our
> corporate offices in Aliso Viejo CA as well as our design center in
> Mountain View, CA.  This team works on our latest CNA technology.  I
> believe that this opportunity could represent a major step forward in
> your career. If you have an interest, or if you know of someone you
> could recommend, please contact me for more information.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of QLogic.

---

Acronyms:

    SAN = Storage Area Network
    CNA = Converged Network Adapter (HBA+NIC on one board)
    HBA = Fiber Channel Host Bus Adapter

There's some general background info at

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_Channel_over_Ethernet