[Cialug] WebDAV?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Oct 18 14:40:12 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Andrew Denner <linux-list at upeke.com> wrote:

> Not perfect options but, what about NFS over ssh or svn (does not provide
> locking exactly, but you can check out files and lock them...ish)

SVN was supposed to have the ability to be used via webdav to provide
versioning and locking. I tried to set it up about 3 years ago but once I
got it working with just svn over http I considered myself done enough to
call it quites. I don't consider that quite the same because you had to
access the files using a svn client, not a webdav client to get the
functionality. http://www.webdav.org/deltav/

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin