[Cialug] WebDAV?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Oct 15 13:37:27 CDT 2010

On 2010-10-01 at 14:50:25, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>Does anyone access WebDAV shares from Linux? What software do you use?

Just as a follow-up to this slightly stale thread, i tried a few GUI
clients, none of which work the way i want (to their credit, they had an
uphill battle in order to win my favor as i'm not at all a fan of GUI
file manager-type applications).

I also tried cadaver, which seemed to work well but was even clunkier to
use than smbclient that i'd previously been using to access CIFs shares.

I eventually settled on davfs2, which allows me to mount the WebDAV
share as a regular file system. I configured it to allow the mount to
happen from my regular account. Right now i've had it mounted for a
couple days with no issues, so the mount appears to be stable. It is
slightly slower than a local file system for basic things like directory
listings, but is certainly tolerable.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu