[Cialug] Email Archiving

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Oct 6 17:15:14 CDT 2010

At 04:40 PM 10/6/2010, you wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> > Anyone ever tried to setup an archiving solution when an external
> > provider is being used? Most of the hits I see when searching are for
> > Exchange servers.
>
>If your provider supports IMAP you could use offlineimap to sync the
>messages to local disk.

Interesting, .. thanks!! The architecture is similar to the
fetchmail, however, in that an email could be deleted on the hosting
service in between 'archive' events.

The more I think about it, it almost has to be integrated with the
physical mail server (or a proxy thereof), .. but the other side is
merging that incoming archive with outbound email archives.

         Lee