[Cialug] ZFS article posted

Christopher R. Rhodes arreyder at apache.org
Wed Oct 6 08:34:00 CDT 2010

On 10/05/10 18:11, Matt Breitbach wrote:
> Not to toot my own horn (ok, maybe just a bit) but I just posted a lengthy
> article about our work on ZFS as a storage system at Anandtech.  If anyone's
> interested check it out -
> http://www.anandtech.com/show/3963/zfs-building-testing-and-benchmarking
>
> -Matt

Very nice Matt.   I had not considered using SLC SSD drives for the ZIL.  That might just get us a little more mileage
out of our current set up.  We're on FreeBSD for our installs.  It would be very interesting to see if there's much
difference in your benchmarks between it and OpenSolaris.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that.

crr
arreyder at apache.org