[Cialug] Free AlphaServers

Anthony Clifton anthony at cliftondigital.com
Fri Oct 1 18:33:23 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I have a pair of AlphaServers for which I'd like to find homes.  Don't
remember the exact model numbers but they're rack mount cases with the usual
massive power supplies, 4 or 6 rack unit boxes, with dual 800mhz processors
and 2gigs of ram each.  There are 4 or 5 drives in sleds.  Both boxes are
missing the face plates and rack rails, however.

I think the CentOS 4.x distribution supports them as well as others.

Also, I know of an AlphaServer 4/233 that's looking for a home.  It's a big
box with lots of hard drives, external cd-rom and 4 processors.  It's
probably technically vintage by now.

Let me know if you have an interest in any of these and I can work with you
to arrange pickup.

Anthony Clifton
anthony at cliftondigital.com