[Cialug] WebDAV?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 1 15:46:20 CDT 2010

You can do it with dolphin or konquerer too. I don't use them so don't
have 1st hand experience but here are some instructions that explain
what to do:
http://blog.fekw.de/2008/06/23/oracle-files-and-webdav-with-kde-konqueror-dolphin-nautilus/

I guess it boils down to a network path of davfs://servername/foldername

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> On 2010-10-01 at 14:59:09, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>>I love webdav for uploading to the web. I use GNOME so have built in
>>webdav support. Just add a new network location and choose either
>>webdav or secure (https) webdav. It will show up in nautilus as if it
>>were a USB thumb drive or a network folder.
>
> Ugh. I just tried nautilus. It covered my real desktop with a root
> window with some wallpaper and icons on it, then opened a smaller window
> with the nautilus application. I couldn't figure out a nice way to get
> rid of the spurious background window, so i force killed it. Which took
> nautilus down with it. I guess you have to use Gnome to use nautilus. At
> least it didn't seem to mangle any data, just took over the desktop for
> awhile. So, no long term harm. But since i don't use Gnome, i probably
> need a more traditional application or something that uses FUSE.
> __
> Daniel A. Ramaley
> Network Engineer 2
>
> Dial Center 118, Drake University
> 2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
> Tel: +1 515 271-4540
> Fax: +1 515 271-1938
> E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin