[Cialug] The CompTIA A+ certification exams

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Nov 19 11:37:16 CST 2010

It got through, but no one responded.

I'm not an expert on the A+, but I'd say that the cheapest and fastest way would be to buy a book, read it and take the test.

The longer you spend studying, the greater your chance of passing.  The more you spend on classes and such, the greater your chance of passing... but it's all just a probabilities game.  Where the money/time optimally crosses is going to vary by person.

Personally, I wouldn't be asking "how can get get the A+ quickly and cheaply", I'd be asking "how can I most effectively achieve the goals that I think an A+ would help me to achieve".  I suspect that there may be faster and cheaper ways to do that than going after a watered-down cert that has little benefit in today's market... but again, that's just my personal opinion.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701