[Cialug] Commerical Interruption

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Nov 12 17:02:47 CST 2010

It was my understanding that SMS basically worked by transmitting data in the unused packet headers for when phones check into the towers.  That's why it was limited to 140 chars and a rapid roll out once it was invented.

Unless I'm wrong about this, there should only be cost overheads when trading messages between carriers.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net<mailto:morej at alliancetechnologies.net>
515-245-7701